At STRIVE we are committed to respecting our obligations under applicable privacy laws, including the GDPR as applicable in the United Kingdom ("UK GDPR").
In this Privacy Notice which, unless otherwise stated in a specific privacy notice, provides information about how we use and share your information.
Who we and our processors are
For the purposes of the UK GDPR, STRIVE, a registered CIO in England and Wales with charity number 1195302, is data controller for STRIVE Processing Activities.
You can view our STRIVE membership and programme application-specific privacy notice here. We use a third party processor, The Infuse Group Ltd (t/a Pinpoint Software), to deliver these application services.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Professional background information (for example, education and previous work experience)
- Diversity monitoring information (for example, socio-economic status, religion and ethnicity)
- Marketing preference information (for example, frequency and topics of interest)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- When you apply for STRIVE membership or a programme
- As part of your STRIVE programme onboarding
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- To deliver our services to STRIVE members
- To assess applications for STRIVE membership and programmes
- To report, at an aggregate level, on our membership and programme diversity
We may share anonymised aggregate datasets with potential STRIVE partners.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com; and
(b) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.