If you’re from a socially mobile background and want to pursue a career as a solicitor, then listen up, because this one’s for you! STRIVE has teamed up with Flex Legal, who are offering diverse and socially mobile candidates a unique way to qualify.
The Flex Trainee Programme allows you to:
- Qualify through the Solicitors Qualifying Examination route (SQE)
- gain a broad exposure to varied areas of law whilst predominately working in in-house legal teams
- Earn whilst you learn – you will balance your SQE studies alongside working 4.5 days per week, meaning you earn a competitive salary from the outset
- Start a job in 2024 and qualify earlier – instead of starting a training contract in 2026 (like many firms are currently recruiting for) you could have qualified by the time many others are starting their legal careers
- Find opportunities across the UK - Flex Legal's clients are based in major UK cities like London, Manchester and Birmingham, as well as other locations like Warwickshire, Cambridgeshire and Cheshire. Wherever you want to work in the UK, Flex Legal are likely to find a placement for you.
Under this innovative programme, you will be provided with two years of Qualifying Work Experience (“QWE”) within the in-house legal teams of some of the top companies in the world. Depending on business need, you may be allocated to one or two businesses throughout the programme. Flex Legal will endeavour to provide you with exposure to different parts of businesses or industries too. For example, your first 12 months may span litigation, employment and immigration, and afterwards you may focus entirely on commercial matters. Flex Legal does its best to ensure that you get a balanced set of experiences across varied parts of legal practice, much like a traditional training contract.
This is truly a game-changer for the industry - and your career too.